We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem promptly.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you feel unable to contact them directly, then please contact the person named in our Terms of Business as being the Reference Partner for your matter.

However, if you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

How to make a formal complaint

  1. You may complain by telephone, post, fax or email. Please address your complaint to our Complaints Handling Partner, Mrs Susan Owens at: –
    15 Station Road
    NN15 7HH

    Telephone: 01536 523434
    Email: [email protected]

  2. It will assist Mrs Owens with her investigation into your complaint if you identify the person about whom you are complaining, the matter in question and that you provide a summary of your complaint as well as your contact details.
  3. Mrs Owens will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days. She will then commence her own investigation and this will usually involve reviewing your file(s) and other relevant documents, and speaking with the person who dealt with your matter. She may also need to meet with you.
  4. Most investigations are complete within 28 days. However, some matters may take longer for example, if the case has been complex, the file is at another office, sent to archives or if we are unable to speak with someone who is relevant to the investigation. In those circumstances we will update you on the progress of your complaint at appropriate times.
  5. Mrs Owens will write to you at the end of our investigation to tell you what we have done, set her conclusions and what we propose to do to resolve your complaint.
  6. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome please first let her know and we will review the matter again.
  7. Please note that we will not charge you for handling your complaint. However, if we have issued a bill for work done on the matter, and all or some of the bill is not paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the amount outstanding.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

  1. The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
  2. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
    • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
    • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
    • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
  3. If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

    Contact details

    Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
    Email: [email protected]
    Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Alternative Complaints Bodies

  1. Alternative complaints bodies (such as ProMediate ( exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We have, however, chosen not to adopt an ADR process. If, therefore, you wish to complain further, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman.
  2. The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.