Our experienced and capable team understand the complex issues that are faced by elderly relatives and you in planning for the future and provide straightforward and practical advice, explain your options and help you get everything in order.
They understand that sorting out a person’s property, investments, debts and other possessions (known as their Estate) and dealing with the necessary legal processes to enable those assets to be distributed is often too much to deal with at this difficult time.
When someone dies, it is necessary to establish whether they had made a Will and if so, what their wishes were so that they can be followed. If they did not make a Will then their Estate will be distributed in accordance with the Intestacy Rules which set out who is entitled to benefit from a person’s Estate when they die and haven’t left a Will.
Our capable team are experienced in advising and assisting executors and administrators with their legal obligations in dealing with an Estate and beneficiaries who are concerned about their entitlements.
We can assist with: –
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Administering the Estate (collecting in assets and distributing them)
- Accounting to HM Revenue & Customs in relation to Capital Gains and Inheritance Tax
- Post-death Variations
- Advising you as to the applicaiton of the Intestacy Rules
- Advising you as regards claims that are being made against the Estate
What Our Customers are saying
Don’t just take our word for it take a look at what our customers are saying.